Tuesday, September 6, 2016

New This Week - First Week of September 2016

A few 'Foliage' studies made over this past weekend. I went to Michigan for a couple days and was inspired by the late summer foliage. I was so green and the foliage so lush, like no summer in recent memory  - the grass stayed green all summer.  In addition it has been a very noise Cicada season, not a full 17 year cycle, but some minor cycle, and they are loud. But that is a nostalgic sound for me. Reminds me of summers in Madison Wisconsin. Late summer nights, riding bikes....
Michael McGuire - Untitled Foliage Study - India Ink on Arches Paper - 26'' x 40'' inches

Michael McGuire - Small Foliage Study 1 - India Ink on Arches Paper - 20'' x 26'' inches

Michael McGuire - Small Foliage Study 2 - India Ink on Arches Paper - 20'' x 26'' inches
 And then in the studio I have been drawing white grids on watercolor paper that I had sprayed with India Ink to get uneven surfaces. I'm playing with various configurations and using a smaller nib on the paint marker. The tightest grids (upper right and lower left) become almost pure pigment.
Michael McGuire - Untitled - India Ink, Acrylic Paint on Arches - 40'' x 26''

No comments:

Post a Comment