Sunday, June 16, 2013

Commission This Week

I will be spending most of the week crosshatching - I've accepted a commission and the deadline is looming. The job consists of four telephone pole drawings similar to the series I made in 20011. As I calculate it there are just enough hours to complete the drawings and overnight them to New York by next Monday. The limiting factor may be my hand, will it hold up over hours of intense hatching with a tiny technical pen. I have finished one and I am reminded of what I was after with these drawings; the ordering of something very visually complex, and the rhythms and shapes in the flatten images of urban life. It suggests to me a form of notation, like music or dance. Pictured if the first completed drawing, the dimensions are 13 x 18 inches and the media is technical pen on bristol board.

No comments:

Post a Comment