Sunday, February 24, 2013

What's On My Wall - February 24, 2013

What's on my wall? A new cardboard piece, this one held together with staples. The resultant surface is not rigid and the collage has some movement to it. Also, on the table, an old watercolor from the summer of 2011 when I was making constellation pieces. It is a study of the effects of rubbing alcohol applied over the wet watercolor pigment. A few years removed and it looks great. At the time I was frustrated at my lack of control and the overall messiness of the watercolor. Put a piece in a box, remove your ego from it for a year or two, and you might be surprised. I'm planning on exploring the idea again and you can see my recently purchased watercolor block on the lower right hand corner, thank you Blick Art Supply 40% off coupon. And that creepy image on the television came from a preview of tonights Oscar Ceremony.

No comments:

Post a Comment