Sunday, February 10, 2013

One Last Flag

My conception of these flag pieces evolves through the course of the series. As I stated in an earlier post, the 'flag' iconography is a template on which to work out ideas around perception, materials, process... Any implied meaning that might come with such a loaded symbol is a bonus.
This is an image of the latest flag still attached to my work surface, to illustrate how these collages are constructed. Pictured in the photo is much work related paraphernalia. Up along the top portion of the photo on my window ledge you can see; the India Ink I use to color the cardboard, a bowl with pre-cut stars, the strips of pre-cut cardboard. On my work surface there are the glass weights and a heavy book I use to hold down the cardboard as it dries, the glue (PVA), and the various tools to trim and adhere the individual pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment