Sunday, March 3, 2013

Art-Making Changes My Eating Habits

I finally broke down and purchased breakfast cereals for their cardboard boxes alone. I'm working on a second 'color' cardboard flag piece and have been looking at cereal boxes for their color value. When I noticed 'Crispix' was on sale a few weeks ago I thought I'd give it a try, and the box was nice with it's one predominating color. Later, the 'Product 19' box caught my eye with it's clean, contemporary design. I'd buy that cereal just to have the box in my kitchen. Neither box yielded as much color as I would have hoped, but both contributed nicely to my latest 'flag'. Pictured is the 'flag' collage in process, no stars yet, but the commercial and branding aspects of the various cardboard pieces make a humorous point.

No comments:

Post a Comment