Sunday, November 16, 2014

Sketchbook Pages

I have been working in a sketchbook lately, a return to a practice that I have pursued on and off for decades, and one that I find rewarding on a number of fronts. My intention is always to keep the book whole, to retain the book as a record of my own work as it evolves. I have quite a collection of sketchbooks, one that goes as far back as my senior year in high school where the practice was established by my art teacher Mrs Fields (not of the cookie fame). But keeping them intact does not always happen. This week I was persuaded to remove a few pages from my current book to make a sale - the mortgage is due. I'm very cautious as I razor blade out the pages, a viewer might not even notice that the book is not whole, but I still feel a bit guilty. This new series in the book feels fresh and intriguing, and the response has been positive. So it seems a good idea to upload this photo of ten of the pages before I'm tempted to remove any more.

Various Sketchbook Pages - Moleskine Watercolor Sketchbook, each page 16 x 12 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment