Sunday, May 19, 2013

New Box Drawing

A couple new developments with my 'Box' drawings recently. I've been making them in white paint on dark back grounds. And I have found new paint based pens. These pens are popular with the graffiti crowd and here in the Chicago area are sold in art supply stores behind lock and key. But they are filled with acrylic paint, come in an array of colors and are relatively reliable when it comes to line width and application of paint. They are not with out a few problems, and they continue to occasionally challenge my perfectionist instincts, but I find the results refreshing. Below is a box drawing made with my new tool. It reinvigorates an old idea for me and I'm intrigued by the results. On to colored pens or maybe metallic?

No comments:

Post a Comment