Sunday, August 5, 2018

New Blue Drawings

I recently dyed seven sheets of Arches Watercolor paper in anticipation of a commission that did not come to fruition. This week I am using some of the paper to work through a few ideas I have regarding 'Isometric' drawing. I'm looking at the optical nature of these types of drawing, how they seem to fool the eye as elements line up in quirky ways. Very much derived from 'drafting' class, whatever that may mean in this digital world, and the blue obviously evokes blue prints.  I also very much like the diagonal patterning that is happening in the last drawing. That may have to become a line of inquiry.

Michael McGuire - Blue Mute 1 - Watercolor, Acrylic Paint on Arches Paper - 40 x 26 inches
Michael McGuire - Blue Mute 2 - Watercolor, Acrylic Paint on Arches Paper - 40 x 26 inches
Michael McGuire - Blue Mute 3 - Watercolor, Acrylic Paint on Arches Paper - 40 x 26 inches

No comments:

Post a Comment