Thursday, January 25, 2018

New Work In Color

This morning I finished a large color 'stamp' piece. I'm still taking it in - a lot of color in one piece for me. But color is appearing a much of my work this January. Maybe it is the time of year and a rebellion against the cold gray weather. It certainly stems from my experiments this past fall with the rubber stamps and color. I reexamining a few of the things I learned regarding color relationships.

Add caption
Detail


Last week I spent much of my time making signs for the Chicago Women's March. It was an amazing event, I so glad I attended. Michelle and Corinne carried a large cardboard sign I made from the boxes my framer gives me. And I also spray painted a series of smaller color stencil pieces that we handed out at the march. There are a few left in the gallery and I may make a few more.


No comments:

Post a Comment