Thursday, November 9, 2017

40 x 26

I very often work on cold press Arches watercolor paper sized at 40 x 26 inches. It is an excellent paper and the size is manageable for me. I have made so many drawings at this size that I now think of them as a series. Despite the varied subject matter and range of media they all constitute a body of work in my mind. It calls to mind sketch book pages in its roving focus but all united in uniform size and paper.

I recently took quick photos of about half of the drawings at this size I have on hand at this time. The photos are for a client and we have had a couple conversations about 'the story' that might run through these drawings. If not a story, perhaps a 'rebus'. Certainly about my interests in architecture, urbanism, architectural drawing (drafting) and Chicago.


1 comment: