Sunday, August 17, 2014

New Show, New Work

My concept for the show with Ted Harris that opens this coming Friday at Las Manos Gallery is various works on Arches 26 x 40 inch watercolor paper. As you might know if you have check in on this blog recently I have been dying, staining and/or adding watercolor washes to the paper for a few weeks now. On top of that I have been drawing, with acrylic paint pens, imagery derived from my architectural drawing past. I hope to have at least a dozen of these drawings and although they will not be framed, I'm going to make some sort of installation out of them on the plywood walls.

Untitled (Grid on Grid 1) - Watercolor, Acrylic Paint, Watercolor Paper - 26 x 40 inches


The opening reception is on Friday August 22, 2014 at Las Manos Gallery, 1515 W. Foster Ave in Chicago. The party will run from 7 until 10 pm. It should be a good one!

Ted Harris has been hard at work in his studio creating lamps to fit the scale and sensibility of Las Manos.

Nicole Hollander is creating what I can only call dioramas with fish!

Kathryn Trumbull Fimreite will be showing a beautiful DVD about the frustrations of creative endeavors.

Michelle Peterson Albandoz promises on new large 'circular' piece, and Tricia Rubolz is always hard at work.

No comments:

Post a Comment