Saturday, April 12, 2014

I Had To Try It!

I was occupied with a commission this week - triangles of cardboard washed with varying amounts of white acrylic paint, glued on to watercolor paper that has a wash of Indigo watercolor on it. See the posting from January 5, 2014 (http://mrmagooart.blogspot.com/2014/01/new-lake-collages.html) for an example.

But, I have been wondering what it would look like if I flipped over the cardboard and let the front of the cereal boxes show. So I made a few small studies, 2 verticals and the horizontal piece pictured below.
Recycled Cardboard, Watercolor Paint on Watercolor Paper - 6 x 18 inches
The amount and vibrancy of the color alarms me a bit, it's not exactly my palette. But it does suggest a few tantalizing possibilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment