Sunday, August 9, 2015

The Week After An Opening - A Commission and a Few Panels

I'm still coming down off my show and opening reception in Michigan. So I took it a little easy this week. But I did have a commission, and the recent work on panels was so well received in Michigan, I made a few more.

Pictured is the commission, a large grid with three circles within it. It is large, something like 52" x 30" and the circles are made by varying the line weight.

And then the latest installment of the panels with various black and white graphic patterns on them. Studies really, they come quickly and the iterations seem endless. The panels are modular and I move them around continually - there hardly seems to be a bad arrangement. Pictured are four 12" x 12" and four 12" x 16" panels.

Grid With Three Circles - Acrylic Paint on Arches Watercolor Paper - 52"x32"
Various Panels - Acrylic Paint on Cradles Panel - 12"x12", 12"x16"

No comments:

Post a Comment