Sunday, August 4, 2013

The Perfect Summer Day

Saturday, August 3, 2013 - I haven't gotten a lot of work done this week, I was dog/house sitting and never really got settled into work mode in a lovely but strange environment. So today was my first day back in the studio and was determined to put in a full day. But fate and the weather intervened. Spectacular summer day; sunny, cool, nice breeze and no humidity. When Laura texted me at 3 and said she was heading to the beach I decided the day was too perfect, and to miss it would be a crime. Took the train to Wilmette, sunned, swam, and had a short drink. Laura and her husband made an incredible dinner, mostly from the farmers market; fresh corn, arugula, chicken on the grill. A quick trip to Dairy Queen but the capper on the prefect summer day.

No comments:

Post a Comment