Sunday, March 17, 2013

Commission

I've been working on a commission this week. Two drawings in a specific size and specific medium. I generally don't do commissions, the constraints working against what it is I like about art making - the freedom to do what I want to do. But sometimes a commission, and specifically the suggestions associated with it strike me as a good idea. And that is what occurred this week. I made a drawing of this type late last year, but in my usual India Ink on paper. The client suggested I try the same type of drawing but on a darker background in white. There was some time spent exploring materials, and I could not fulfill every aspect of the clients request, but I am very much intrigued with materials and processes. Looking forward to creating larger drawings in this manner.

No comments:

Post a Comment